Better to find a new fuck buddy than chase the old one

25 Jul 2021 - 23:45 | Tags: getting over an exgirlfriend, find a fuck buddy

I am about to talk about something that we have all been through. If you haven’t been through it yet, you will. This is a sensitive topic so I want to make clear from the outset that everyone has different needs, and there will be a very small number of people that do not need to take this advice… but those people are the 1%. For the rest of the 99%, this is for you.

At some point, we have all been “dumped” but a fuck buddy (or will get dumped in the future). By this, I mean that your fuck buddy decides that they would rather have sex with someone else and they end the tryst with you. Many times, this is fine. The agreement was always a relaxed no strings attached set-up. You always knew that one of you would move on, you likely thought you would do it before they did, but it doesn’t really matter who got there first. So you move on and you are all good. Once in your life though, you will not be happy with the outcome.

Everyone has one fuck buddy where you were so into them, that when it ends, it feels like a more traditional relationship. You feel like you have been dumped. When this happens it can get really bad. You want to chase them, you want to get them back, but you were also in a relationship where the agreement was no strings attached, so you are not allowed to. You were dating in the adult dating world and for one time, you want it to be different. Maybe you don’t want to “date” them, but you were certainly not ready to stop having sex with them. Your gut is to chase. I am here to tell you no. Do not do it. Here is why.

When they decided to end it, they had their reasons. The bottom line is that they just didn’t like you enough, and the chance of changing their mind is astronomical. You would have to demonstrate a huge personality change to make them re-evaluate. You would have to change jobs, change your look, buy a motorbike… it is a huge amount of effort, and even then, the chances are it will not work. Do you know what is much more likely to work out? Find someone else! Once you are in the arms of another, you are no longer going to care about the previous fuck buddy. You will have moved on… but this cannot happen until you have slept with someone else.

So if you are feeling down about losing a fuck buddy, do something about it. Find someone else to sleep with. In a very short space of time, you will have moved on, and under no circumstances should you attempt to get your previous one back. Do your future self a favour… let it go.

Add new comment